Garapa is a beautiful Honey Gold color which is lighter in color and is a less expensive alternative to Ipé. Garapa picture is shown with finisher.
Our Garapa decking is kiln dried and is approximately 2 ½ times harder than Oak with an approximate 25 year life expectancy. Garapa is the most consistent in color and is known as Brazilian Oak.
If you are planning to let your deck turn gray over time, Garapa decking is the perfect choice due to its price. All of the Brazilian hardwoods look very similar once they have grayed. The medium brown color of Garapa blends nicely with Ipe so you can use them together to make a beautiful two tone effect.
Garapa decking is a wonderful choice if you are looking for a lighter color alternative that still has the hardness and durability of a Brazilian hardwood.
Once your deck is installed, you do not have to do anything to your Garapa deck for it to last for years to come but it will turn to a silvery-gray color if you do not put a UV Finisher made for Hardwoods.
Please keep in mind that Garapa DOES react with some metals. You should ALWAYS use 316 SS Fasteners and keep in mind that it may react with shavings from Metal Railings, Metal Furniture, etc.!!!
Tips: Always use carbide tip tools (drill bits and saw blades). Always pre-drill your Garapa wood lumber before installing any fasteners.
- We ship from the closest warehouse to you, directly to your home or job site, anywhere in the continental U.S.
- We also deliver to shipyards in the U.S. for overseas projects.
- You can specify the lengths that you need as long as they are not all 16' !!!
- (If you do need all 16' lengths, it will have to be approved by our warehouse).
Garapa Deck Boards
1X6 (3/4 X 5 1/2)
- 8'-14' $3.95 l.f.
- 16'-20' $4.15l.f.
5/4X6 (1 X 5 1/2)
- 8'-14' $5.80 l.f.
- 16'-20' $6.00 l.f.
1X4 (3/4 X 3 1/2)
8'-14' $2.60 l.f. - Please call for availability.
5/4X4 (1 X 3 1/2)
- 8'-14' $3.95 l.f. please call for availability.
- 16'-20' $4.15 l.f. please call for availability.
Other Sizes Available
- Please call for availability of 4X4, 2X2, 2X6, 2X8. If you need other sizes, please ask.
Garapa Posts and Dimensional Lumber
4X4 (3 1/2 X 3 1/2) In Stock
2X4 (1 1/2 X 3 1/2) In Stock
2X6 (1 1/2 X 5 1/2) In Stock
Garapa Handrail Material
2X6 Handrail (1 1/2 X 5 1/2)
1X4 (3/4 X 3 1/2) Subrail
2X2 (1 1/2 X 1 1/2) Balusters
2X4 (1 1/2 X 3 1/2) Bottom Rail