Add Brazilian Hardwoods to this system to make a long lasting, gorgeous fence for your outdoor living space.
The Slipfence Vertical Fence system was specifically designed to provide both the strength and endurance of Aluminum along with the warmth and beauty of natural wood. By Combining the 3” Square Aluminum Fence posts along with two custom designed top and bottom rails (or “ stringers") with regular size fencing boards that slip easily in through the stringers, the result is a residential yard fence that has both the warmth of a natural wood fence along with privacy. The framework will not crack, warp, lean, or rot. If your wood fence boards become weathered and/or require replacing at some point, they can easily be slipped out of the framework and new ones slipped in for a brand new looking fence without having to set new posts in Concrete. If using the Brazilian Hardwoods, replacing will not be necessary! For added curb appeal just attach the Slipfence Aluminum Cap Rail onto the top of the finished panel. This will give you a nice, clean finished look to the top of your fence panels.
The Slipfence Horizontal Fence system was specifically designed to provide strength along with the endurance of Aluminum with the warmth and beauty of natural wood. We combine 3" Square Aluminum Fence posts along with two custom designed, left and right Aluminum "U" Channels for use with 5/4 Deck boards (net size 1"thick). You then slip your wood boards easily down the channels which are attached to the Aluminum Fence Posts. The finished result is a residential yard fence that offers both the warmth and privacy of a natural wood fence plus your framework will not crack, warp, lean, or rot.
If your wood fence boards become weathered and/or require replacing at some point, they can easily be slipped out of the framework and new ones slipped in for a brand new looking fence without having to set new posts in Concrete. If using the Brazilian Hardwoods, replacing will not be necessary! For added curb appeal just attach the Slipfence Aluminum Cap Rail onto the top of the finished panel. This will give you a nice, clean finished look to the top of your fence panels.
Here is some additional information about our Horizontal Fence:
- 13 deck boards stacked will create a 6 foot tall fence panel.
- Slipfence Horizontal Fencing is recomended to be built in 6 foot wide panels.
- 5/4” Deck boards are available in 6' pieces (or multiples of 6') lengths and as such can be cut to be used in your Horizontal Fence panel.
- An 8’ high Horizontal fence can be achieved by using the Slipfence HCK08 which has 8 foot long channels.
- The 8’ high Slipfence Horizontal fence requires 17 boards stacked which we also recommended to be in 6 foot wide panels (set your posts 6 feet between posts).
- A 7’ high fence panel can be also be achieve by using the 8’ channel by cutting the channels at exactly 81” from the bottom.
- The 7’ high Slipfence Horizontal fence will take 15 boards stacked and also recommended to be in 6 foot wide panels, (set your posts at 6 feet between posts).
- Almost any board can be used in the Slipfence Horizontal system provided it is only 1” thick.
The Best of Both Worlds
For far too long, people who want/need a fence, whether in their yards or protecting their commercial buildings had to choose between aesthetics or functionality. The only vertical fence panels available were either part of a metal fence or one made of wood.
Slipfence now offers you what can truly be described as the best of both worlds when it comes to your fencing needs. Our vertical fence panels will provide you with the look you want that simply cannot be captured with anything other than the warmth and beauty of natural wood. Synthetic wood, stained metal and the like can be OK but a vertical slatted fence should be something you are proud of and enhances your outdoor living or commercial space.
With our vertical fence panels you won’t have to worry about mother nature and how your fence is going to hold up. You can have a beautiful and functional wood privacy fence that’s durable against the elements for years to come.
The Slipfence Gate Kit was specifically designed to provide you with all of the necessary Hardware to construct a beautiful gate right on site which will match either the Slipfence Vertical or Horizontal fence systems.
Included in the Gate Kit:
- 6 L-Brackets with gusset, 4 that are fastened on the inside of your 2x4 wood gate frame and 2 that are fastened to the outside of your frame (on the hinge side of the frame for added stability and square retention).
- 2 self closing Hinges, adjustable to different tensions and self drill onto the corner of your gate post.
- 1 Thumb Latch, can be adjusted to either one way, or both way entry, depending on your needs, lockable and pad lock lockable if needed.
- 2 Rubber Straps, these are to emulate the stringers on the Vertical Slipfence and the channels on the Horizontal Slipfence so that the Gate matches both systems perfectly without adding any additional weight or cost.
- 1 Pack of 100 wood screws, these will fasten the rubber straps (whether they are used for Vertical or Horizontal System) to the boards on the gate for an added finishing touch.
- All that is required to complete your gate from the components included in the Slipfence Gate kit is the wood of your choice.
- The Gate kit includes self closing hinges and when adjusted properly, the finished gate should close itself and when it does, it meets most pool fence safety codes in most regions (make sure to check your local code).
- Four 2 x 4’s are required to create the frame for your gate.
- For a Vertical Gate approximately 3 fence boards are required per foot wide to match our SlipFence Vertical Fence line.
- For your Horizontal Gate, the same number of boards that you used to create the height of the fence are used for your gate so that your heights match.
- It is best to create your 2 x 4 frame for the gate on a flat even surface so the finished gate is both straight and square.
Call for your custom quote today! 855-473-9663